Game Fuel Guy

Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Banner

Friday, January 23, 2009

Voter Education Time

I listen to WBT 99.3 out of Charlotte to the Tara Servatius show. Today while listening a guy called in and said that "It was all over" in reference to Barack Obama becoming president. He felt like Obama was going to ruin our country and there was nothing to be done. I was shocked and decided to call in. If he does not like the president then he has four years to do something about it. We do not give up on something we believe in. We fight for it. I waited for a while before I got on and I shared my feelings. Tara said that guys like him were in the minority. I was glad to hear it. She went on to say that we need to educate others about the issues and about what is going on in our government. So being a teacher I have decided to do just that.

We have a new president. I didn't vote for him. The reason I did not vote for him is simple. For me it is about one issue. If the candidate agrees with me on it then I can consider their other platforms. That singular issue is abortion. I am against convenient abortion. That is an abortion someone has because a baby would not be convenient in their life right now. I am no doctor and I am sure situations may occur where the life of both the mother and the baby may be in issue. I am a christian and I understand the concept of sacrificing one life to save another. In our contry abortion is far too common a thing. I do not condem any woman who has had an abortion. I blame misinformation and decietful doctors. I have read about the development of the baby and I can tell you that abortion is not the simple procedure it is portrayed as. A life is being destroyed when an abortion is done, except in this rare case where even being torn from the womb could not destroy. I implore you to not take my word for what abortion is. Research it yourself. Make your own decision.

For me my decision is simple; as a former fetus I will always oppose abortion.

2 comments:

Papa and Grandma Cox said...

Bravo! Bravo!
100 % agree

Papa and Grandma Cox said...

Will, I heard yuo on the radio talking to Tara but didn't know it was you until I read this.

I, also, feel very strogly about the abortion on demand issue that is the moral equivelent of a second civil war in our country.

I'm proud of you for standing up for what you believe. Like the old song says, "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything". Keep the faith and keep up the good fight.
Papa Cox