Game Fuel Guy

Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Banner

Monday, January 5, 2009

Time to Eat!

If you did not know Kelly is a creative and fantastic cook. Look at the delicious meal she made the other day and guess what it is.

Okay think you know what she made. If you guessed hamburgers with fries and green beans you would be partly right. The burgers are made from black beans. For our anniversary in 2007 we went to Biltmore Estate for the day. We ate lunch there and Kelly had a chicken salad sandwich and I had a black bean burger with avocado mayonnaise and pineapple salsa. I know it is not your normal fare, but how could I pass up having such an interesting meal. For the record it was great. One of the best meals I have ever had at a restaurant. On the other hand Kelly's chicken salad was not very good. We had some left over black beans and rice that Kelly had made. She made them into patties and was sauteeing them with olive oil when I walked in the kitchen. I saw them and thought they were burgers until she told me otherwhise. The girls ate it and never knew the difference.

2 comments:

kellyn2girls1boy said...

They were good, weren't they? I think that they were a lot healthier too. Clara loved it when I told her the "secret" that they were not meat, it was great.

Sarah said...

hmmm... I might have to try that it sounds good!