Game Fuel Guy

Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Banner

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Car

I got a new car the weekend after Labor Day. On my way back from DragonCon in Atlanta my car blew a head gasket. This was the second one in about three years. Last year at this time we replaced the transmission. It was going to be about $3000 to get a new engine and to cover the towing and storage of the car. We decided to have it scrapped. That would cover most of the towing and take care of the storage etc. Kelly found me a 1990 Buick Century to drive. It has about 73000 miles on it. I have a "new" car, now all I need is an appropriate name.
Yes there is a little rust, but I am thankful that I have a car to drive and it did not break the bank...just empty it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should call it the Blue Bomber, because of the color and...well...the old school sounding 'bomber' name seems like it would fit.

Congrats on getting some new wheels, though.

Sarah said...

My car is named lucinda. She is getting pretty old though. How about Old Blue?

William Hawkins said...

I usually like to use a name from my childhood. Which means that name is usually a reference to cartoons, comics, or video games. My red mazda was Thor. The taurus was Norrin Radd. Yesterday I came up with the perfect name Wreck-Garr the leader of the Junckions from Transformers the movie. I figure my car is probably part Junkion. Just look at it.