Game Fuel Guy

Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Banner

Sunday, October 12, 2008

50,000 Time

I just finished 50,000 words on my novel. I am halfway to finishing my book. 100,000 words is the goal for the average novel. I have been working on it since Kelly bought me my laptop. This Christmas will be two years since I started working on it. I have written and written and rewritten. The weird thing is if you think about a real writer, and by that I mean someone who has published a book, they have written many hundreds of thousands of words for their books. For me though the 50,000 mark is one I have been striving for recently. It is a real relief to reach it. The rest is downhill... right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will, check out Sarah's blog, she has a blog about November being national novel writing month, maybe you should check out that website.

Mother Michele said...

Can I ask what it is about?

William Hawkins said...

It is a post apocalyptic science fiction story of two friends trying to stop evil. One becomes what he is trying to destroy and the other doesn't. It takes a look at the how people end up doing bad things.