Game Fuel Guy

Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Banner

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Been a while

It has been a while since I last posted and I have some thoughts to get off my chest.

First Transformers was an awesome movie. It included all the important elements from the tv show. The nobility and self sacrifice of the Autobots. Through that we always see the greatness in the humans they protect. It was great when Megatron says to Starscream, "You've failed me again Starscream." classic. When Prime says, "One shall stand and one shall fall." it sent shivers up my spine. It was a terrific movie. I will purchase it when it goes to DVD.

Second I have used Wikipedia for a while now and have started to explore the use of wiki in other aspects of my life. For example I am using a desktop version to organize a story I am writing. I am using another to organize my lessons for next year. I am exploring the possibility of using a wiki to create a curriculum guide for teachers to use. Typically a curriculum guide gets a few years worth of use before they are obsolete. The thing is that once you come up with a new curriculum guide the standards in your subject area change and the guide becomes less useful. Another problem is that you may adopt a new textbook which makes the old curriculum guide less useful. Also if there are any problems found after the curriculum guide is printed distributing the changes is difficult. Every teacher makes changes or alterations to their curriculum guide and it would be useful for every teacher to share what they have done so we don't have to keep reinventing the wheel. With the use of a wiki a curriculum guide could be fluid and change whenever there is a change to standards or textbook.

Glad to get that off my chest.

No comments: